ev-o-lu-tion (n.) -- a gradual process in which something changes into a different and usually more complex or better form

Saturday, January 21, 2012

the evolution of a blog

I am changing my blog. 
I still want to write.
But, things have changed in our family since the first post and Matt has respectfully asked me to delete old posts and to write about me, not him. 
He is having a hard time, struggling with what he wants versus what he thought he wanted.
I hurt watching him hurt. 
There are so many things I have wanted to blog about. 
However, even for someone who doesn't usually use a filter, there are things that become too personal to broadcast, especially when it affects someone I love. 
So be on the lookout for new posts from me. 
But I will give you fair warning: I'm a hot mess. A little crazy. And a lot passionate. 
I can be dramatic and sarcastic.
I promise not to bore you.
This is me, uncensored as ever. :)

4 comments:

  1. I.Love.You.
    I. Am. Sorry.
    This. Shit. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, welcome to the crazy-inducing but amazingly-rewarding world of personal blogging. In six years, I've NOT written so many volumes that I so badly wanted to share because I choose to respect the people I love.

    It's so tricky when our stories are so intertwined with the stories of others. I will say this, you will never regret choosing to honor the wishes of loved ones. It's not worth the trade-off to trample on boundaries.

    And knowing you, Sarah, I am sure you still have PLENTY to say to keep us engaged. ;) It *is* political season after all! AND (!) you have three boys. I can only imagine the fodder from your daily life.

    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you could blog anyway and just not publish...I'm sure it would be therapeutic, and you never know...Some day Matt may decide that the truth being out there in a book is different from a public blog. Just keep writing...and growing...and being Sarah. :>)

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are amazing, and loved, and respected. Excited to hear your thoughts on topics of life (as always) and sending hugs your way as your family works through everything! Love you!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete